9 miles east from Hawthorne on US95 to Garfield Flats road
then 4 miles south. 38 27.54n 118 28.44w, Pamlico Quad.
Discovered and mostly active in the 1870's and 1880's. Like the neighboring La
Panta Mine, most of the activity here took place in the 1870's and 1880's. In
1936, all that remained of the 20 stamp mill was the half-ton-each stamps and a
Gates No. 3 gyratory crusher. There was a pipe from Cottonwood Creek 10 miles SW
that brough water to the mine.
Click a picture to see a larger view.